Anti-Aging Treatment – Cosmetics and Cosmetic Surgery
The most popular and quickest anti aging treatment so far is the application of cosmetics and cosmetic surgery.
The purpose of cosmetic surgery is to repair congenital defects and damage to the body. Due to accidents it has also gained great popularity repairing the results caused by aging. The popularity of this anti-aging treatment has resulted to very high standards of specialization. Medical practitioners in this field achieves a very high degree of requirement in training and must pass several tests and years of study before being eligible to be sponsored by a cosmetic surgeon who himself has had several years of formal cosmetic surgery practice. Only then could the recent practitioner be accepted into the American board of Cosmetic Surgeon.
Aside from reconstructive surgeries that are done usually on deformities, another result that cosmetic surgery achieves is the restoration of the youthful appearance of the body. Stretch marks, birthmarks, scars, skin toning and rejuvenation, are done through the use of either invasive or non invasive procedures.
This modern mode of anti-aging treatments basically involves the following steps:
The pre-operative interview where the best approach to the treatment are discussed, procedures are laid out, results and expectations are talked on and possibly some other issues whenever there are. Marking will also be done where the approach of the surgery will take place.
The surgery or the treatment which usually takes a couple of hours depending on the complexity of the procedure that is opted. Many cosmetic surgery procedures though could be done quickly inside an hour.
The recovery, again depending on the complexity and the age of the patient, recovery will vary from overnight to a couple of weeks and sometimes longer than that. Many procedures will enable the patient to get back to normal activities almost right after a moment of rest.
The follow up treatment is only done when there are a series of procedures that are planned or when the completion of treatment requires intervals of schedules.
The recent technological advances in this anti-aging treatment are such that many procedures that previously require invasive techniques are now replaced with treatments that will require no incisions. One greatest factor that this anti-aging treatment has become so popular is that aside from being generally safe, cosmetic surgery requires very little effort, demands very little from the body and delivers very fast and desirable results that are often long lasting.
Examples of the most popular anti-aging procedures are:
- Skin treatments – Skin treatments are usually non invasive procedures that use laser treatments to stretch out the skin and to remove wrinkles. Skins that are badly damaged due to accidents and aging are restored to its attractive and youthful look.
- Face Lift – Achieves a younger modern looking face and reshapes it also to create a more balanced look.
- Blepharoplasty – Is done to eliminate the puffiness and the sagging around the eyes to arrive a rested, fresh and younger looking face.
- Dermabrasion is an anti-aging treatment that eliminates skin damage, blotches and wrinkles through laser surgery and the use of chemical peels.
- Microdermabrasion, on the other hand, is the anti-aging treatment that requires lighter chemical peels. These are non invasive procedures and require no recovery time.
The list of anti-aging treatment trough cosmetic surgery is still growing due to specialization. No matter, these procedures remain to be one of the most reliable anti aging treatments that are commonly resorted today.